Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Cousins

The nice thing about living in Tok is that the kids get to spend more time with there cousins! Last week we made a quick trip to fbks to see Vince. Cody spent the whole weekend with Sierra and Zac. I think he would move in with them if he could!

Zac and Emily decided that they were going to get married. Emily dressed up like a princess bride and Zac put his best little suit on! It looks like the proudest day of Zac's life........Emily on the other hand looks like a ruined woman!!! Married life isn't that bad Em!!!

This past Saturday we had a little birthday party for Cody and Cousin Katie! Cody is 9 and Katie is 7. Both of them were born on October 4th! Being the very prepared organized person that I am I forgot birthday candles. I was able to wrangle up some tea lights. The cake didn't look that great but it tasted awesome!!! It was golden cake with chocolate frosting and it was filled with "rocky road" ice cream!!! Courtesy of me and the Betty Crocker bake and fill pie pans that Vince bought of an infomercial 2 years ago. (I think it was one of his many attempts to domesticate me!)


In case you are wondering what all of the adults in the family are doing while the kids are blowing out the candles......... (you might say that the Gerber family is just a little camera happy!!)

It was a really good weekend. My Mom, Dad, Angie, and Abby all stayed the night. My mom liked the house but was sure to point out the fact that my light covers in the kitchen need to be cleaned desperately!! (Maybe you could adopt Martha Stewart mom.... I bet her lights are clean! She probably wouldn't had forgotten the candles either!)


The other great thing that happened this weekend is we found out that Vince get to do his next phase of training in Tok!! He comes back for the next month on Saturday! I pretty over being a single parent and I am starting to miss having my old ball and chain around!










1 comment:

Alissa said...

I love the picture of Emily and her cousin, such a happy bride!
The cake looks good, I'll have to get one of those cake pans :)