Thursday, September 20, 2007

Hunting and Gathering!!!!



In case the 3 of you (it has came to my attention that my audience consists of approx. 3 people... hi mom) are wondering what we do in Tok....... So far we have spent most of our free time gathering cranberries and hunting for grouse. This is due mostly to the fact that we get no TV reception. "Heroes" are a distant yet fond memory and the Roloffs ("Little People Big World") are no longer part of my little television family. No, I have had to resort to actually living my own life!

As I was saying we have been picking cranberries. Our yard is covered in them! So far we have made cranberry sauce, pancakes, and smoothies! Our urinary tracts must be uber healthy right now!

Vincent and Em making Cranberry Pancakes!!!


We didn't have any luck grouse hunting but it was fun any ways. Vince and Cody started out with a little bit of target practice.........


He is a natural of course!!!!


Then we took a drive down the original "Alaskan Highway". (At least that is what we were told... It actually came to a dead end at the bank of a river so I am pretty sceptical! )

The Original "Alaskan Highway"????


Looking for Grouse!

Emily decided that she did not need a gun. She decided she would use these sticks to kill the grouse.... she said she would just, "poke there eye's out". That' s my little princess! This is the same child that wanted to kill 50 bunnies to make a big fur blanket! She didn't get her blood lust from me!!

Oh and in case you are wondering why Vince was carrying 2 guns...... here's your answer!!!




1 comment:

Alissa said...

Who needs cable when I can just read your blogs! I love the new pictures, the kids look they are having so much fun. I wonder what sweet little Emily would have done if she had actually seen a bird, I have a feeling she may have tried talking her Dad into keeping it as a pet. I hope you guys have fun this weekend. Tell Vince and the kids hi for us.