Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Snow Day!!!

Well winter is officially here! It snowed this morning and hasn't stopped!! Cody and I woke up this morning and although it was dark I could tell that something was very wrong!!! Upon further investigation I confirmed my worst fears... it was snow and it was sticking!!!

What made matters worse is the reality that I had not prepared myself for this most dreaded of days!! I had a half hour to get Emily up (no small task!) make Cody's lunch, and find Cody's winter gear and then walk both of them down our long winding driveway in snow up to our necks (Hey, if I didn't embellish a little bit then would anyone really be interested enough to read my blog??) He made it out the door with his winter coat, boots, a hat, and gloves! Snow pants were going to have to wait! Cody came home from school and "notified" me that I would need to send him with snow pants from now on. I am quit sure that the school has flagged me as an unfit parent! I guess I will have to be on my best behavior from here on out!



So I suppose this is when things are really going to become interesting for the Gerber/Meyer's of Tok Alaska!!

2 comments:

Alissa said...

I can't believe you guys have snow, better you than me! Hopefully it stays away from Homer until after we get moved, all our winter gear is in boxes :(
Talk to you tonight, enjoy your snow ;)

Tessa said...

How fun! I really need to figure out how to do this blog thing...you would think with a computer degree I would be able to figure it out, but without you here to do a step by step I am not sure! I sure love getting the play by play action of your family. We had a great vacation and I hope to be able to have a blog to share it all with you!