Thursday, October 18, 2007

People are strange!!!!

Okay, so I usually only write on my blog when I have a picture to post....today I am posting a blog for the simple fact that I felt like making fun of something I read on the internet today. I was at a parenting site (what you thought being "super mom" came to me naturally???), anyways as I saying I was reading what some people had wrote about what they do for Halloween and I came across this piece of weirdness.........

Our family does not participate in any Halloween activities at all. We prefer to make it a special family night! We go out for dinner and let the kids (ages 14, 11, 9~right before halloween, and 4) choose the restaurant. Typically, it is out for sushi~~a favorite in our family! Then we come home, turn off all the lights and have Bible Story time on mom and dad's king size bed.....a real treat, especially for the older girls!

That's cool if you don't celebrate "devils day", (I will never understand why someone would pass up a day of candy and gore........) what I can't get over is what they do instead. News flash...... It is not fun for your whole family to sit on your king size bed in the dark and tell stories....it's weird! Bad enough you make your kids eat sushi instead of taking them to a fine establishment like "Carls" for some good food, but you think sitting on your bed in the dark for Halloween is a "real treat". I think when Cody gets home from school I will suggest this is how we spend all hallows this year... I'll let you know what he says!

1 comment:

Alissa said...

I am so glad to be back online, I have missed your blogs! I was cracking up reading this one. Who knows maybe Carrie's annual Halloween Bash will have a new activity this year :)
Talk to you soon.