Saturday, January 8, 2011

2010- A YEAR IN REVIEW!

So now that I am officially a week away from our Orlando vacation I am feeling compelled to blog again. I was thinking, "Now what can I blog about"?? I could bore everyone with how excited I am about vacation. Or perhaps update everyone on all the ins and outs of pretty much any "Reality" show on TV. But alas, I came up with the brilliant and yet predictable idea of presenting my readers (all three of them) with a re-cap of this past year. So here goes it..........

Cody and I decided to try out home school this year. It has been a new experience that has mostly gone well. Although I have learned one lesson and that is you do not give two twelve year olds a formaldehyde soaked perch and a scalpel and say, "read this book and then dissect it". The end result was a mincemeat perch and no identifiable organs!

Cody and his best friend Kody giving dissecting a worm for science class


My nephew Daniel playing "horsey" with Sandy


Cody rocking a "Foe Hawk" and Emily with a very creepy yet beautiful face

Halloween came and went. The kids were pretty disappointed because we did not hold our annual Halloween party. I guess there is always next year!

The boys before their very first dance

I am in awe at how big Cody has gotten every time he grabs my hand with his huge "puppy dog paws", (As his Grandma Claudia has pointed out since he was a baby) . He had his first dance ever and loved every minute of it. He danced all night, and with girls!! He is still as amazing as ever and has the incredible aspiration of becoming a museum curator after college.
Okay......I am sure you all are getting sick of hearing me brag about my kid but it had to be said!

My also very amazing second child Emily is doing great! Still waiting for her front teeth to arrive! I will be sad when that happens. It is just another chapter in my life that will have come to an end. I will miss family photo's with little "gummy" grins!
The other reason I am not looking forward to her two front teeth is the fear of them getting knocked out in hockey!
Emily's two favorite things right now are astronomy and hockey! I am hoping for a hockey scholarship to pay for her college!
She is a pretty AWESOME kid......I'm just saying!!

Vince and I are good. Vince is still loud and
still yells, "Carrie you should put some underwear on", when I am talking on the phone with my mom.

I am still the "Wattage Nazi".

Not much has changed. Vince is a little grayer.....I'm a little fatter. But we are happy!

3 comments:

The Wohlford Family said...

I should have you type my family in review blog. Yours are so funny and fun to read. I do belive Emily and Cody are pretty awsome and you have every right to brag about them. By the way that is a cute little baby you have in your blog:)

ClaudiaMe said...

I never get tired of you talking about your family...and the pictures are wonderful...the kind I would put on my front room walls!!!

codysmommy99 said...

Hee hee....Claudia...my mom was just giving me crap about not sending your picture to you yet! I feel bad and then I think about that Christmas that Aaron was on a mission and you told him you sent his presents in the mail.... you and me are two peas in a pod. At least we have good intentions!